We are ALL AMAZING and this is OUR Amazing Race


First let me start by congratulating YOU along with myself.

Not only do WE run our own "Amazing Race" on a daily basis but we have won many times over.

We've all gotten lost and argued with our partners in the car, we have all missed flights, made flights, missed connections and eaten bugs (intentionally or otherwise).

We all juggle a zillion different tasks in a single day and when we finally get home and are ready to have a good meal, a glass of wine and a sound sleep; it's completely  unfair that Phil isn't waiting in our bedroom with a million bucks in hand and a free trip to Spain.

I'll tell you what's harder than The Amazing Race - OUR AMAZING RACE.

How AMAZING is it that we take care of our children, spouses, parents, spouses parent's (there should be a jet ski thrown in for that one), house, career, dog, cat, Goldfish (constantly needs replacing), health and wellness (make that another glass of red wine and some dark chocolate) the pick ups and drop offs, the sleep outs and sleep overs, the special occasions that include the entire whacked out family and let's not forget intimacy (which is really something that may only exist from our late teens until about 40 at which point it becomes difficult to figure out whether intimacy is defined by love making or eating dark chocolate).

I love the part at the end of the Amazing Race where one of the team members has to complete some sort of puzzle showing all the countries visited and the order thereof.

Listen, if you pay me $1 million, I will recite for you all of the countries I have visited, all of the schools and camps I attended, all of the jobs I have had, all of the boyfriends I have endured and when I reach that red carpet in the middle of nowhere but always by a magnificent castle and I am greeted by Phil and some poor innocent person who has been uprooted from their home and forced to wear a costume they never actually wear; I'll gladly accept the win and I will do so for ALL of US.


This is my boy "Bam Bam Rubble" after I have told him that we are partners on the Amazing Race - Leonberger Edition - Clearly he is not impressed.



And by the way,  I still haven't figured out if  Phil is real or just a hologram but what I have figured out is that HIS taxi driver and HIS flight are far superior to anyone else's and that is why he is always at the finish line first and that my dear friends is truly AMAZING.

PS: Bam and I strongly agree there should be a Leonberger edition of the Amazing Race because this remarkable breed would win - paws down. WOOF!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LISA AUDREY COHEN - WRITING YOUR LIFE STORY

GROWING UP IN WENTWORTH PARK AND AT BLOSSOM POOL

FRIENDS