A One Night Lover

We had met on a sleepy, Sunday afternoon, at an Espresso Bar in Old Montreal. It was the kind of day that you don't want to leave your place, or even get out of bed. 

But the loneliness, creeps in, the day lingers on and you leave so you can find someone to bring home.

I was sitting at a corner table, writing words that didn't connect, wondering where the missing piece of the puzzle, to my sunken love life had gone.

He was at the table beside me, sketching birds flying across the sky in unison, in a shape that resembled a heart.

He had sandy brown hair that he pulled away from his face, only for it to fall back within seconds. His eyes were blue and he had a cleft in his chin that I wanted to nibble.

He felt my eyes upon him. We struck up a conversation. He showed me his art, I showed him my words.

We didn't ask one another's names. Who cares about a name. We knew we would be leaving together. 

He held my hand from under the table, stroking his fingers across the lines of my palm. 

It was dark outside and the snow was falling. My place was close by. We fell through the door in each other's arms, undressing quickly, while our tongues danced and our bodies collided. There was no turning back.

I smelled his scent, sweet, welcoming, like home, melting into my pores. His lips were warm as they waltzed along my neck, downward.






We made love to the tune of the radiator humming.

Time took a coffee break, and transformed into something sacred.

Afterward, he kissed my eyelids and held me close against his chest. I felt his heart beat and hid in its crevice.

I slid under the covers and woke him up with kisses that traversed down his chest, all the way to where we would connect again - once, twice and then he was gone.

That night, my eyelashes dreamt, deliciously of a strangers wet beautiful lips, kissing them ever so gently, as if they were the wings of a butterfly.

Then I appeared standing on a sandbar, alongside a raging river. The sunset was burning hues of orange and purple, that swept across the sky to a place I've never been. Hoping for love, I threw a boomerang. It took off into the air and returned to me, as I stood there, believing it would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LISA AUDREY COHEN - WRITING YOUR LIFE STORY

GROWING UP IN WENTWORTH PARK AND AT BLOSSOM POOL

FRIENDS