I Still Love You

I still see you even though you are no longer here

I still feel the part of me that is you even though I am numb

I still look for you when I return home at the end of the day 

To an empty apartment where you've never lived and I never thought I would 

I reach my hands over to your side of the bed expecting to feel you there, warm, breathing beside me

Even though you will never sleep in this bed.





I still tell you about my day and something funny that happened 

Even though I can't hear you laugh or watch your eyes read my lips 

I still love you even if you don't love me

Because with all love, with our love...

There's the stillness

There's the movement

And somewhere in-between 

There is you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LISA AUDREY COHEN - WRITING YOUR LIFE STORY

GROWING UP IN WENTWORTH PARK AND AT BLOSSOM POOL

FRIENDS